I'm particularly interested in staging for photos of my laundry room for the ORC BIG REVEAL this Wednesday... don't forget to come back and see us!
Bet you didn't know I started out as an "Accessory Designer" in the late 80's with my first decorating career! I collect them like food staples in my pantry..pretty much overloaded with accessories, but can't part with a one!
Here's the low down in my own version of must haves:
1. Colorful water or liquor bottles on counters or bar carts such as Pelligrino, Tanguray or Bombay Sapphire bottles...
3. A great image on your TV screen- I'm not so sure about this one. I'd rather downplay it, unless you can put a piece of art on the TV like this:
4. Sheepskin throws ( Bethany and I have them all over our houses.)
5.Decorating Books ( all THE RAGE these days) Here's Bethany's:
6. Meyers Cleaning Products from MrsMeyers.com:
7. A lovely teapot on your range ( like popular Alessi, by Michael Graves)
8. A Le Creuset pot or Kitchen Aid mixer in an accent color to match your decor.
9. The "warm-fuzzy" element, like dogs or cats, OR pictures of them, OR a stuffed animal prop, like Christine Dovey's sheep in her new nursery or our own:
|infamous "Wilma Applesauce Brower"|
10. Lemons and/or fresh flowers
11. Orchids like this on Bethany's nightstand:
12. Big Leaves, greenery, like the infamous FLF (fiddle leaf fig):
14. An inviting outdoor space with a fire pit:
Do you use any of these tricks? There aren't many of these I can use in my laundry room, but I'll try!
Have a great week. See you Wednesday for the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE REVEAL, along with 19 other participants! Good luck everyone.
Looking for help with your home? We have consulting services starting at $50. Contact us today for information.