1. cut the shape you want out of plywood. We used 1/4 inch, which is so much lighter in weight ($26.00
2. Cover the wood with padding:
a. First we covered it with a full size bed 'egg crate' foam mattress cover from Wal Mart ( $25.00)
b. Then we wrapped a thin blanket over top of the foam and staple gunned it to the back.(We bought a cheap, thin ($7.00) blanket from Wal Mart.)
3. We cut and pieced 1" x 3" trim boards to make this raised shape on the outer edge and covered those
with blanket wrap, and the upholstery fabric, stapled to the backside of the trim boards.
4. We attached the trim boards with screws from the back.
5. Take white sheeting and staple gun it on the back to hide all the 'works' and make it smooth so it
doesn't mark your walls. ( folding under and stapling the underside as you go )
6. TA DA !
Now that we are wild about different headboards, next on our plate is a new taller fancy one for Bethany!